Pizza! Day 14

                                                                                                                                                5/25/21 6:10 pm

What a way to end Senior Project! I started this morning going to Patty’s house and picking up my supplies and doing some dishes. I headed to Hannafords after to pick up ingredients for the pizza! I made it back just in the knick of time for our last seminar. When that was over I headed back to my room to make the pizza dough. As it was rising I continued to work on my reflection paper. I used a quick rise recipe so after about 30 minutes the dough was ready to go. I loaded my backpack with the ingredients and grabbed the dutch oven and coals. I was determined to make it in one trip, but it was very difficult to carry everything across campus. Luckily I saw one of my friends and she helped me carry everything to the fire pit outside of Slocumb. Patty came over to help me set up the coals.


I questioned why I was using a fire pit on a day like today, it was probably 80 degrees in the sun, many times. Finally, the coals were ready to go and I started prepping the pizza while the dutch oven was preheating.

I added tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese (shredded and whole), and salami. I took the dutch oven off the heat and placed the pizza inside.

I had a roll of tin foil I placed under the lid to let steam escape so the crust would get nice and crispy. After 15 minutes I took it off the coals and had a hot, cooked pizza! It tastes pretty good.
                          

My only critique is that it was really salty. I really enjoyed being in a more open spot on campus today, I had a math class come see what I was doing, and a bunch of other people stopped by.

I loved that I was able to share what I was creating with other people! Well, I guess this is goodbye, at least for now. Who knows, maybe I’ll start another blog with recipes later. Today I had 5 hours which brings my grand total to 57 hours! Thank you for following my journey these past 2 weeks! - Sophie 

Comments

  1. 57 hours of creativity, fun, and hard work. Amazing stuff, Sophie. That pizza looks scrumptious, glad you could end the project on a high note! Thanks for sharing your process through this blog. Congratulations on finishing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bluebird day 4!

Day 9 - Donuts and Muffins oh my!

Day 6 - Making mixes