Day 9 - Donuts and Muffins oh my!

                                                                                                                                                5/19/21 4:45 pm

I started the day at 8:50 by gathering ingredients and going to pick up my keys. I stopped at Hannaford's to pick up a few more things and then headed to Patty’s house. I decided to try a new donut recipe today, lemon raspberry!


I made a double batch which yielded 12 mini and 12 normal donuts. I always bake my donuts, which results in a more cakey consistency. I had enough batter to make 2 extra so I was able to try them, and not to toot my own horn, but they’re pretty darn good!

Afterward, I made the 2 kinds of muffins that Patty always has. Raspberry Pecan and Pumpkin Ginger. I struggled way longer than I should’ve with the can opener, so it took me a little longer to get the Pumpkin Ginger started.

I was shocked by how much batter each recipe made. I thought there would be no way that I would only get 24 from each, but when I got to the last few empty muffin liners the batter was almost gone.

Patty came back home and after we talked about the day and what we’d need for tomorrow I headed out. I got back to school around 3:50 and dropped everything off. Today I worked for 7 hours, which brings my total to 35.5 hours. Tomorrow is another Bluebird day, so check back in to see if we sold out. - Sophie   

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bluebird day 4!

Day 6 - Making mixes