Cake! Day 12

                                                                                                                                                5/22/21 3:30 pm

I started the day inventorying what I had left from my shopping runs and then decided to try making a cake again! I grabbed my baggies and brought all my supplies outside the dorm. I had one bag of dry ingredients, one bag of powdered milk, and one bag of egg replacer. I found egg replacer from Bob’s Red Mill at Hannaford's and I was interested to see how it’d work.


I started by mixing the egg powder with water and then I made the milk. I pour everything into a pot to combine.

This recipe calls for a cup of boiling water, but I just used room temp and hoped it would work! I got the stove set up and oiled the pan.

I decided to bake it for 10 minutes and then check on it. The edges were cooked, but the middle was still very raw. I took it off the stove and let it sit for 30 minutes covered with the lid and the outback oven.
It cooked most of the cake, but there was still one section that was pretty raw. I wasn’t worried because since I had used the egg replacement there was no risk of eating the raw batter!

I cleaned up all the dishes and then topped the cake with store-bought cream cheese frosting. I normally make my own frosting, but in this kind of situation store-bought makes a lot more sense. I texted some friends to see if they wanted any and I got a lot of good feedback.

I spent some time working on my recipe document and then called it a day. I spent 3 hours working today which brings my total to 47 hours. I can’t believe that Senior Project is almost over! Tomorrow I’ll post my weekly reflection so stop by and check that out! - Sophie 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bluebird day 4!

Day 9 - Donuts and Muffins oh my!

Day 6 - Making mixes