Bluebird day 10!

                                                                                                                                                5/20/21 4:40 pm

I was surprised how easily I woke up this morning considering it was 6:30. I got ready and put on my Bluebird sweatshirt and headed out the door. Patty was just pulling up when I got there so it was perfect timing. We set up the trailer and pulled all the food from her car.


We were even more efficient this morning so I had time to cut more bagels and run across to Jakes (JJs) to buy more cream cheese. That was the first time I’d been into Jakes since last fall! A line was already forming by the time I got back. 7:30 rolled around and it was bagelmania! I think in the first 30 minutes I sold 2 dozen bagels, mostly all Everything.

Once classes started there was a little lull, but there was still a slow steady stream of people coming. I was getting great feedback for my donuts which felt very good.

We had another big rush before assembly and I sold out of my bagels, all 4 dozen! After assembly, we slowly started to pack up. We made a few more sales as we were closing up, so I’d let people pick their item from the back of Patty’s car.

I went back to my dorm and napped for a bit before doing some more work. I went over my receipts to see what was for the project and what had been for me. I did some work to see how much I’d made and how much I’d spent. I found I actually made a decent amount of money over the two days, so now I get to find a place to donate it to! I worked for 4.5 hours today which brings my total to 40 hours. I’m going to use the Whisperlite and hopefully a fire tomorrow so check back to see what I made! - Sophie 

Comments

  1. Not surprised you are getting good feedback on your baked goods, Sophie. Yours is a well honed craft. Also - you know you are doing something right when you can wake up early for it happily.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bluebird day 4!

Day 9 - Donuts and Muffins oh my!

Day 6 - Making mixes